Each season has its own recipes. It’s true that in summer we want to eat light and especially seasonal products. We are not going to list the reasons for eating a salad every day. In summary, it is good for health and good for keeping the line. On the other hand, did you know that figs are super good for our physical condition and especially if we eat them in the evening. They are rich in vitamins and minerals. And it’s because we care about your well-being, here is a recipe for a summer salad with figs and honey vinaigrette. It came straight out of our culinary studio. The taste experience is tested and guaranteed!
Nothing beats a good summer salad with seasonal fruits
The products needed for our fresh fig salad
Ingredients for the dressing:
- olive oil – 3-4 tbsp. at s.
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp. at s.
- honey – 1 tbsp. at s.
- white balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp. at s.
Ingredients for the salad:
- fresh arugula – 250 g
- fresh figs – about 200 g
- red onion – 1/2
- burrata – 125g
- walnuts – 50g
Did you know that burrata is very low in calories?
- Mix the olive oil, mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, mix to obtain a smooth and homogeneous texture.
- Wash and drain the arugula.
- Cut the fresh figs in half.
- Arrange the figs nicely on the arugula.
- Add the burrata cut into pieces or whole.
- Add the previously chopped red onion.
- Place the walnuts for the final touch.
- Pour the sauce with a spoon.
- Voila, your salad is appetizing and seductive.
Pour all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl
Mix well to obtain a homogeneous sauce.
Cut your fresh and very ripe figs
Arrange them nicely on the arugula salad
Add the burrata in pieces
Add the onions, nuts and dressing to finish off your salad.
Are fresh figs good for your health?
The fig is a mine of virtues for our health. It is very rich in fiber, minerals and potassium and antioxidants. Figs are a real ally against constipation. Their skin and seeds contain a lot of fibre. Which is a great help to your digestive tract. Dried figs are even more effective. This fruit will protect your blood vessels. All this is possible thanks to the presence of anthocyanins. They are the ones who give it the purple color. And finally, figs will improve the elasticity of your skin by its high content of antioxidants and flavonoids.
Fresh figs against skin aging
Does the fig make you fat or lose weight?
Raw, cooked, dried or roasted, figs have many uses in the kitchen. Its nutritional contribution is different depending on whether it is cooked or raw. The fresh fig provides 63 kcal / 100 gr. On the other hand, the dried fig provides 200 kcal / 100 gr. The fig comes into play in many diets. It is rich in water and does not contain lipids. Did you know that 100g of figs will keep you full for 4 hours.
Figs cannot be kept in the fridge
The particularity of fresh ripe figs and that they do not last more than a day. Here are some tips for choosing the right figs:
- Choose figs that are neither too soft nor too firm.
- They should have a fragrant smell and a dark purple color.
- Fig leaves also find use in the kitchen.
A good fig is a fleshy fig
These are all good reasons to add fresh figs to your menu in September. Why not start with the recipe for our great summer salad with fresh figs. The preparation time is 5 to 10 minutes. And if you’re in the culinary mood, we have a recipe delicious fig jam.